MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration program from Medicare. Its aim is to strengthen the relationship with your General Practice Care Team.
Evidence shows that seeing the same Practice, GP and health care team regularly for continuing care improves health outcomes, so all Australians are encouraged to register with MyMedicare to reinforce their relationship with their regular practice and GP.
- Registration in MyMedicare is voluntary for all patients.
- Veteran Affairs (DVA) patients are also encouraged to register, but will need to register using a Medicare card if they have one (if they dont, they can register at the practice with a paper form).
- You can still receive care and Medicare rebates for services if you do not register.
- There is no cost to register.
- We are encouraging all of our practice community to register.
- MyMedicare will not hold clinical health information about the patient. Its purpose is to link the patient with their regular practice and support continuous care at that practice.
- My Medicare is not a "fix" for all the Medicare issues, BUT it is the start of a transition over the next few years of moving to a more person-centre care system, when registered with your preferred practice.
Victoria Street Clinic has registered as a My Medicare practice and will be actively involved in the service as we have always utilised our team to provide your care. We see this as a positive first step forward.